Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 11 - Relief!

It was such a relief overnight as the winds dropped rapidly as forecast and I enjoyed a reasonably comfortable sleep. Reasonably because the calm winds and clear skies resulted in some very cold conditions once more. The forecast for Wodonga was 2 degrees so we would have been very similar. It was a somewhat late start today not being in the river until 9.45am. With the wind just a whisper compared with the previous day I decided to push on and aim for another 50km in case there was more bad weather to come before the weekend. It was very uneventful on the river. I did see my second fox but they are not particularly exciting. The river has changed somewhat with very few decent sand bars for camping unlike upstream of Tocumwal. Fortunately I did find one that was reasonable and I took advantage of it and set up tent.

Delux accomodation with great river views!

A reasonable sand bar to haul up the kayak

Recent progress map

No comments: